Friday, May 11, 2007

Two birds - one card

My bumper card for May fits the A Muse Design Challenge #2 requirement (no black ink and at least one A Muse stamp!). Those of you participating in bumper cards will get it tomorrow or Monday. It went postal this morning. I wanted to get them all out before the postal increase. Sending out 24 of those each month can get pricey!

Anyway, I'm working on projects for "next week's" (ACK!) end of preschool (forever :( ) stuff and I realized I had to switch gears and get my bumpers out. So, I really liked what I was doing with the preschool stuff so I kept with that same idea (white embossing on black to look like chalkboard and chalk!).

I have a bunch of cool carribean to use up and even though I like that color a lot, it will be gone soon so I thought I'd use it up. The stamp sets are Doodle This from SU! and "just a note" sentiment from A Muse. I just LOVE their fonts. Love 'em. Seriously. (Don't even get me started on Grey's last night.) So, what I did was almost like a one sheet wonder for the black cardstock - I guess it really is a OSW and then I cut the CS and put it on the Carribean. The A Muse sentiment is inked in Tempting Turquoise.

Anyway, I like the white embossing with white craft ink on black cardstock... looks very sharp. And even better is this card fulfilled two of my requirements! Gotta love when that happens.

Oh, I almost forgot... the inside has the sentiment from the retired SU! Dance Sketches set. I love that saying and this is why I haven't gotten rid of that set. It's the one that says "Dance as if no one is watching, Sing as if no one can hear you, and Live each day as it is your last" or something like that.

My husband and I are season ticket holders to the Broadway Musicals that come through town. We've been holders for a really long time. Back in 2000 (I think), the musical, RENT came through. We loved it and decided to see it again. Since then we've seen it 6 times - 2x here in Austin, 2x in San Antonio (last one being this past March - I surprised him with tickets for his b'day!), 1x in Dallas, and 1x in New York City. Probably overkill for most of you but we just really like the music and the message is so powerful. No day but today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are nice cards. Being a teacher myself, I like the chalk look. LOL! (ps: I did not get your comment from this am so something could have been up with blogger or something?!)

Anonymous said...

Very cute and whimsical. I like the chalk look also. I want to do the frame thing you showed the other night.