Saturday, May 19, 2007

Boris.

Here's how the story goes...

We're having a Mad Science party for my son's fifth (YIKES!) birthday in a couple of weeks (check out madscience.org). Anyway, probably a month ago or maybe even 6 weeks ago, I set it up. And being the SU! demonstrator that I am, searched high and low for a SU! set that would work for the invitations. Couldn't come up with anything. So, then I got on to Splitcoast and I emailed my trusty upline, Jenn. I told her we were doing Mad Science and said, I sure wish A Muse had something I could make work. And then I asked her if she had any ideas of ANYTHING that could work. She's CRAFTY that way... that Jenn Balcer. Crafty. Her response, "oh, but A Muse has the mad scientist. . . .you didn't like?" WHAT? WHERE? So, crafty. See, why I love her so much! I got goosebumps when she told me that. I ran (clicked) over to A Muse and searched for Boris. Gotta love the naming convention over there. So fun. And then Boris came to live with us. And he brought some of his A Muse buddies with him ;).

I think I have a hard time designing my family's stuff. I always think it has to be better than anything else I do. Not sure why but I always create a roadblock thinking this way. I worked on the design for these cards for a long time. Again, it was Jenn to the rescue. It was her idea to put the jars behind Boris. I always ask my son for input on his party stuff since it is his party. His favorite color is red (always has been). I asked him for 2 more... blue and green. Right. Boy cards are hard. One of things the kids will do at the party is make slime so I thought the green should be slime colored. I used my one of my fiskars plates that has bubbles on it (more slimy bubbles than the Cuttlebug bubbles) and ran it through my Cuttlebug. Oooh... starting to take shape. Then life and teacher gifts, kid gifts, anniversarys, classes, etc. got in my way. So, they went postal today. In the end, I like them. Again, remember your audience... a bunch of 4 or 5 year olds and family.

Stamps - all by A Muse
Cardstock - Whisper White, Ballet Blue, Real Red, Green Galore
Accessories - Real Red Eyelets, Cuttlebug, Fiskars Texture Plates

The inside says "Ooze on over to 's lab" and the party details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - that is SO SO SO CUTE!!! Great job on this invite, what fun! (and that was a fun post to read, too, btw!) :-)