Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My First Blog Candy

So, many things to say....

Last night before I went to bed, I was 2 away from 5000 hits. And some how this morning, only FIVE hours later (yes, I know.... only 5 hours... uh, the boys are HOME! YAY!), I'm at 5200.

Did I mention that my luggage didn't come home with us Sunday night? UH, HELLO... my stamping stuff was in there!!! Okay, okay, calm down. BUT ALL of my A MUSE stamps except 2 that I loaned to my friend Amy, were in there. Did I say ALL.... yes, ALL. Okay, breathe in, then out... so at 11pm last night, our luggage showed up. All 3 pieces. The connection in Miami to Dallas was really tight and we had to RUN through customs with our bags. "They" stopped me and said, "Ma'am, you need to slow down". I said we're not going to make our connection... (and I have to get home to my boys... okay I didn't say that but I was thinking it). So they looked it up and said, "Do you think you can run all the way to your gate?" They took our bags, led us through the employee security section and off we went. We made it... our 3 bags didn't. Anyway, my A Muse stamps and the rest of my stuff are safe in their home now.

But these 2 things together made me think that's it's high time I did some blog candy. So, I'm going to do my own rendition of the A Muse luggage contest, guess how many stamps are in there - only because they are all still packed. Leave a comment here with your guess before midnight Central Wednesday night. The winner will be picked at random from the comments (i.e. not the one that guesses the number - although if you guess the EXACT number, I'll send you something too).



The prize:


Lots to alter and some other stuff:
2 large Gable boxes
3 small Gable boxes
Target $ spot green stripe container (great for cuttlebug dies)
6 medium weight coasters
5 chipboard flowers
Some prima flowers
Some black and white polka dot ribbon
Michael's Pregnant lady stamp
SU! Small incentive stamp
Tags in various colors of SU! cardstock including vellum
10 white bags - good for kid's school treats (they are the thin kind)
2 mini manila folder embellishments
6x6 12 month Desktop calendar to alter

Let the guessing begin.

Thanks so much for following my creative journey...

51 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! stamps left behind. I'm glad they are safely home and you're breathing at a normal rate. My guess for your contest would have to be 50

Jackie said...

Wow - that would have sent me into a meltdown! I'm so glad your stamps are back home. My guess is 64 and that's some great blog candy!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your stamps back!! My guess is ......

57.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your stamps back. I am going to guess that there are 58 stamps in the bag.

Anonymous said...

Looks like some awesome stuff to play with for sure!! I'm going to guess about 38 stamps in the bag. THANKS!!!

Scott Franson Photography said...

I'm guessing 31 and I'm glad they are safe at last!
Claudia F.

Unknown said...

I'm going to guess 46! :D

Cheryl KVD said...

Hi! I'm guessing 36 stamps. Love your story about running through the airport. I used to travel a lot for work and I've had to run more than a few times!!
Cheryl KVD

Unknown said...

I am guessing 39!!! he he what a great idea

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home safe...and your stamps too:)! My guess is 37.

Anonymous said...

i'm going to guess 29...probably so much more than that, as i'm horrible at things like this! thanks!
emily anderson

Unknown said...

Let's guess...68! :)

Tracy.H said...

I would be a mess if my stamps were lost in transit!!

Okay, I will play...how about 42.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you almost got stuck! I know how that feels first hand!! Hopefully y'all had a wonderful vacation.


My guess is 46....

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm! Maybe 52! Great candy thanks for sharing!

Debi Calandrelle said...

I'm glad your stamps made it back home! I would have to guess 69.

Jan Scholl said...

My guess is 41. I like that dotted one a lot! Road trip maybe for me on the first.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that your stamps made it back safe and sound! My guess would be....53.

Heather Leech said...

My guess is 55...I can only imagine how I would have felt! Panic!! Glad you got everything back A OK!
Heather L.

doverdi said...

I think I would have cried if my stamps didn't come home with me. Thank goodness they arrived. Note to self: Keep stamp in carry on bag if I fly. lol So glad your stamps are home safely!

My guess is 48 stamps are in that bag.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I'm so glad you and your stamps made it back safely. My guess is 44. I hope you took lots of vacation photos! :)

Anonymous said...

Look at all these comments! Welcome home :) I'm going to guess a nice even 33.

Laura said...

I am going to go with Sharon above me and say 33 as well :)

Anonymous said...

I am going to say the year I was born 74. Glad your stamps arrived!

Kristina Lewis said...

I'm guessing 47...I love your blog!Congrats on 5,000!

Hey Hey Paula said...

My guess is 34 stamps. Glad your stamps found their way home.

Doreen G said...

I'm guessing 61 stamps -and I would be horrified if mine went missing.

Anonymous said...

Love the game and the blog candy. Thanks for sharing. I am going to guess 54. I know there are other numbers chosen on either side of my guess, but this number popped in my head and it had not been chosen. So that is my guess.

Anonymous said...

wow that must off been stressful! My guess is 45 and nice blog candy.

Poohblu22 said...

Glad you made it safe and the stamps... My guess is 37

Evelyn said...

Glad you made it home to your kids ok and that your stamps were close behind. I guess 47 stamps in the bag.

L8ybug2 said...

I'm glad you got them home where they belong. I'm guessing 43.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back!!!
I guess 41.

Anonymous said...

42 is my guess! Glad they made it back to you safe and sound!

Unknown said...

awww...and now they're home.
My guess is 31.

Anonymous said...

Hi Geeta, I'm glad you're home because I'm hoping you can help me with something else (see email). My guess is 30.

Linda SS said...

I'll go with my age and say 56. Glad you (and your stamps) made it home safe & sound:)

Michelle L. said...

I'm going to guess 71! I'm just glad they all made it home safely!

onepoolshark said...

Sooooo glad your stamps made it home to you!! My guess is 41.

onepoolshark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am guessing 29. I'm glad you got your bags and your stamps!!

Rosella said...

Wow!! Glad you got your stamps!!! I think there are 33 stamps in the bag. Congratulations on your hits!

ThreadCatcher said...

I'm going to guess 39.

What a mad dash to you gate that must have been! Glad your luggage finally made it home too.

Anonymous said...

OMG- look at all these comments- and you were going to hang up your towel!!!
I will guess 40!
Glad you and your stamps are back- I missed you!

Anonymous said...

ok my guess is 32~

I had lugage lost to and fron Kenya! not fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh!!!! I would have been so upset about my stamps too. I'm glad all is well. Hmmm...my guess would be 54. Take care!

Alhambra Club said...

So glad you luggage and STAMPS showed up. I found your blog thorough a link from another. I would have to guess 38 stamps. Don't know I was so off on the luggage one. But 38 is my guess.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I will say 61, and I am happy that you got your stamps back. Clothing we can do without, but our stamps....that's another thing entirely.

Anonymous said...

I am just going to hop in with a guess of 27?

Amie said...

Whew!! I'll say 38 as well.

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

ok, i am terrible at these things, but it's worth a stab for all those goodies!! what say---34???