Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The end is near...

The end of preschool is Thursday (my anniversary, btw!). I am so sad (about preschool not my anniversary!). I just can't believe it. I was chatting with another mom from my son's class today and she said that they won't even be in school on the last day. WHAT? I have to say good-bye a day earlier. Ugh.

Anyway, my son's class is celebrating the summer birthdays tomorrow. He, of course, is one of the 6 celebrating. So, we're all pitching in and supplying food, party favors (how did you guess that's what I got? :)), etc. And I've even known about it for at least a week... so here I am, night before (actually I did them during the day today...didn't take very long). The end of school projects have been taking up LOTS of time. More on that tomorrow.

Tonight, just a quick thing to think about when making up gifts/party favors, etc. KNOW who your audience is. Mine... a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds, who by the way, could care less about the packaging. They just want the STUFF. So, given that I "know" that, why spend too much time and effort on the packaging. QUICK and simple. AND cute, too if that can happen. Did I mention I have to make 16?

I started to call it done with just some white sacks and a jumbo wheel. But then I did "have to" spruce them up a bit... again, why I ask you? 4 and 5 year olds have moms, too :) I stapled real red strips to the top to keep it shut. It looks kinda like a milk carton.

The wheel is SU! jumbo birthday wheel. Ink is Real Red.

Oh, what's inside? A big bottle of scented (think Apple, Grape, or Cotton Candy) bubbles and 2 things of play-doh.

No comments: