Saturday, May 5, 2007

Mother's Day workshop

Can you believe mother's day is around the corner? I'm still thinking it's the beginning of March. :( Anyone invent a "time-slower-downer" potion yet? I'll be the first to buy it.

Had a mother's day workshop the other day. We did 2 projects and a card.

The card was a simple one because the other 2 projects were detailed. I jazzed it up with some dry embossing (why did it take me so long to do jump into dry embossing?). It has the roses from Life's Special Moments (a retiring SU! set). The colors are Rose Red, Regal Rose, and Whisper White. It is colored using the SU! markers. Simple and elegant... and my mother's mothers day card! Yippee! I love when I can check things off my to do list!

The first of the two projects was another coaster frame. I love these things. They are so fast to put together. The ladies that came to the class got creative ... which I think is AWESOME because if you're making a frame, you are the one that knows what's going on it. So, I gave them mine as an example and they ran with it. I've blurred the boys faces out because you know how that creeps me out to use their names or faces on this, here world wide web (insert heavy Texan accent here. )

Okay, the last one was really involved but it was such a cute idea. Not mine originally. Stampin' Up! showed this at the Houston Leadership Conference back in January. It's a photo wallet. I really like the color combos used here. Again, not mine. This is the exact version they showed. I just CASED it.

Here's what it looks like closed:

The colors are Marigold Morning (soon to be retiring!), Old Olive, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, and Whisper White.

The stamp sets are from the Spring Mini: Doodle This and Doodle Alphabet.


Here are the inside views:
This is the inside without pictures. The pullouts could hold 2 pictures each (6 total).



Below shows what it looks like with pictures. The white envelopes (that's what holds the picture pullouts) flip over to reveal the black underneath. The black area is a great place to journal using my all-time favorite white pen ... the SU! signo gel pen (I have A LOT of white pens and this one never skips or anything!).

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wish I could come - that photo album card looks so neat! Chris