Sunday, July 29, 2007

Technique Club on Friday

Last Friday, I had my 2nd group of stampers start their technique club. This group is particularly dear to me because a bunch of them are my original stampers that I stamped with way before I became a demonstrator. How fun is that? They were in a club a year or so ago and took a little break from the whole club thing. And now they're back! YAY!

We did 3 techniques as all of my technique clubs do: 3 cards and 3 technique cards (with the directions) for their technique scrapbooks!

One of the cards was the same card as I did for the previous club. It's this one... demonstrating the ability to do emboss with the Classic Ink Pads (rather than craft). I always try to do a different card for each group of stampers for the sole reason that I don't want to show something I've done already - it keeps me busy and learning... but this card is so pretty (IMHO). I had to do it again.

Next, the technique was again Faux Tearing, like the last club but I redid the card to be more elegant (my new stamps came in!). This one uses the new En Francais Background... similar to the old French Script BG but not hardly the same. Oh, I finally broke out the heartfelt thanks set. I think I've used this once in two years... not a fav but works here.

Stamps: all SU!
CS: all SU!: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Very Vanilla
Inks: Rose Red, Markers: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
Accessories: Regal Rose Grosgrain ribbon

I learned the third technique from Ms. Jeanne Streiff. It's called Faux Tiles. Isn't her card amazing? I loved it. I was going to CASE it completely but I was already using those colors for the first technique. So, I modified her card a bit with my own color combo. and stamps. What do you think? I think I pulled it off. I really like this card. Really. And again, not really my "style".

Stamps: All SU! Baroque Motifs
CS: Whisper White, Bayou Blue, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Soft Sky
Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain. (love this!); dimensionals; SU! Scallop Punch; 1 3/8" circle Punch; Sponge; paper scorer

ETA: I forgot to mention that this card is 4.25 x 4.25 square. The faux tile looks so much better (again IMHO) when done in a square pattern.

Let me know if you like this one (the choc. chip) one... I do like it.

1 comment:

Michelle Clark said...

I LOVE the tiles!! I have never seen that before...thanks for showing me something new!!