Monday, July 2, 2007

SAHM's - know what I mean?

All of you stay-at-home-moms out there, riddle me this.... When your baby gets up during the night (several nights in a row), why do people ask you "what's wrong with him?" I mean if I knew the *#$(&*#$& answer to that, I would fix it!!! No, not bitter...

So, we're into day 6 of getting up at 4:30... why 4:30, I don't know (don't you dare ask me!). He's a happy kid though... some of those days, he actually wanted to be up for the day. Uh, no.

Anyway, my DH (dear husband) was SO VERY COOL today. He took the boys to his parents house at the lake for the day. This is the FIRST time ever that I got to stay home by myself most of the day. Of course, I had to do errands most of the day, like run to Costco and the grocery store and Michael's (I didn't even buy anything!) and oh, of course, get my SU! catalogs spiral bound :). So, I didn't even get to stamp AT ALL in my empty house. That's crazy.

So, I'm exhausted... and I made this card last night and it seems so appropriate to my feelings right now...

ah, soft, comfy pjs. Mmmm.... bed. Do you hear it calling?

Stamps: A Muse
Cardstock: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Whisper White
Accessories: Notch corner punch, Stickles (fruit punch)

Oh my goodness, I just realized that corner punch is retired. Good grief. That's one of my favorites. DOH!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean! My son is going to be 1 July 8th and he has only slept all night long twice since he has been born. He always gets up at least 2 times a night for a diaper change and a bottle. His naps during the day are really short. He just doesn't like to sleep, he likes to be on the go constanly. He also gets up at 4:30-5:00 every day. Bummer huh? lol. I know how you feel! He has a cold right now she he hasn't been sleeping the past couple of nights because his nose is stuffy so I have gotten probably 2 hours of sleep total the past 2 nights. I know where your coming from though! There is nothing wrong with my son, he just would rather be awake than sleep. He has been like this since he has been born. When he was a real little baby he would only sleep MAYBE 10 minutes at a time if that. Even when he was a week old. I think it just depends on the child. I know a couple of my friends kids sleep all night long and i'm like "LUCKY YOU!" lol.... I total know where your coming from though, hopefully both of our kids start sleeping longer in the morning. 4:30-5:00 comes quick. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Aviles said...

Good for you! I'm so happy that you got a day for YOU!