Friday, April 27, 2007

Workshop cards

My new friend, Vicki, won the silent auction basket that I donated to TempleInland's Ronald McDonald Fundraiser back in January. We had a workshop last night - that was part of her basket winnings. Anyway, she requested that we do birthday cards. So, we did 3 ladies birthday cards.

The first was my old standby. I used blossoms abound (one of my all time fav sets, I suppose). But this time, I used bright colors... lovely lilac, gable green, green galore, and almost amethyst (okay, so that isn't a bold bright but still). I used so saffron for the canvas background stamp.

Next, was the girly, glitter card that I've done before from the Totally Cool set. BUT I did learn something this time... don't use stazon for your black image when using glitter. Unless you dry it first with the heat gun or wait a while. So, after 5 attempts (and many thunks to my head... "I've done this card BEFORE...why is it not working and why is there glitter all over it!), I switched to basic black (which is what I used the many times before that I've done this card!). I also used the heat & stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

This was my favorite. I just love the color combination (got that off SCS - one of the color combo challenges a while back). It's Elegant Eggplant, Cool Carribean, Certainly Celery, and Shimmery White. I used Doodle That. That smaller flower is growing on me (no pun intended! HA!). We watercolored them with the aquapainter and the reinkers.

No comments: