Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What do you send "HER"?

Oh my goodness... What kind of card can you send to the ultimate stamper? ACK! My upline, Jenn's best friend, is none other than the famous, Beate (rhymes with miata), over on SCS. Beate is the stamping guru. She writes most of the tutorials on splitcoast and well she's just plain awesome. You can find her blog here. Anyway, when I became a demonstrator under Jenn, Beate emailed me and welcomed me aboard and told me that I had the bestest upline ever. She also told me that not only did I have a great mom (Jenn), I know have her as my Aunt! WOHOO! Can you freakin' believe that?

Yesterday, was Beate's birthday. And I missed it. However, I'm still going to send her a card. Better late than never, right? But coming up with the ultimate card was more challenging than I thought. You know how I usually stamp a bunch of whatever I'm stamping? Well, last night, I kept throwing out card after card because it just wasn't right. How can I even compare to her? Well, after I realized that I can't. I decided to be clever. Beate used to live in San Antonio but now she's in Florida. So, I made her a card to remind her of Texas. The first couple of designs were BORING and very manly. Pffft.... Beate should get a really girly card but how do you make TEXAS girly? Well, here's what I came up with. PLEASE tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! You know I am not from Texas but I got here as soon as I could and love this state! Gerry is a native but sometimes I'm more of a Texan than he is! I need to know where you got the "Greetings" stamp from. This would be perfect to make cards to send back home!

Anonymous said...

I like it.