Monday, April 2, 2007

Special Occassion Card Buffet Class

My first card buffet class was last Thursday (the same day as the Grandma shower!). I think it went pretty well. Here's how it worked... for $10, everyone came and made 5 cards. Then after those 5, if they wanted any more, it was a $1 per card. There were 12 designs to pick from. That is what I call overkill... It was supposed to be, maybe 8 designs. But I got so wrapped up in making the designs up that I kept on going! And I kept on coming up with new occasions that I needed a card for. In the end I was still 4 occasions short of my full list but that's okay. I'll save those for another time. These were non-birthday and non-thank you cards. The idea behind the buffet is that not everyone needs a bunch of baby cards or get well, etc. but they might want more than one wedding card, etc. They got to decide how many and which ones. Much different than a stamp-a-stack. Also, I'm proud to say these are all my designs and I didn't CASE any of them from anywhere. That must be a record for me! Anyway, in no particular order (but the Pregnancy and the Get Well are my favorites!):



1) Sympathy - Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, WW, Fine Lace, Close as a Memory







2) General Congrats - Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Naturals Ivory, Matey Jumbo Wheel, Amazing to Zany







3) Get Well - Summer Sun, Basic Black, WW, Print Pattern, Farm Fever









4) Wedding - Real Red, Basic Black, WW, Happily Ever After










5) Happy Anniversary - Real Red, Creamy Caramel, AYC3, Loving Hearts







6) Girl Baby - Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, WW, Baby Talk










7) Boy Baby - Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, WW, Baby Talk









8) Pregnancy - Petals Designer Paper, Swell News





9) General Baby (like for a shower) - Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, I'm Here, Mini Mates, Handprint wheel









10) Thinking of you - Orchid Opulence, Rose Red, Doodle This





11) Welcome to the Neighborhood/New Home - Cool Carribean, Marigold Morning, WW, Right at Home, Eclectic Backgrounds











12) Hang in there - Pixie Pink, Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, Ruff Day











So, what do you think? I cut enough card stock for 10 of each. So, now I have to make up the rest and add it to my stash! YAY! I so needed some of these cards. Almost all of the color combos came from the handy, dandy SU! Color Wheel. I love that tool. I think I'm color challenged without it!

No comments: