Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you and yours. We have had some VERY STRANGE weather here for Easter. It was just in the 70s and 80s early this week then yesterday we had SLEET! WHAT? Hello? Very odd. Our egg hunting happened indoors! I hope your Easter was memorable!

Friday night, I had my first of what hopes to be a monthly meeting with my downlines. We made one card with a cool technique, I showed them some tricks and tips for using some of SU!'s products, and we talked a little about the business. Mainly we talked and visited and oh, ate.

The colors I picked for the card we did came straight from a challenge over on Splitcoast. It's on the demo forum. To participate in the challenge, you must make a card with current SU! stuff, pick one of two layouts, and one of three color combos. I picked the color combo that was most spring-like and the layout that fit the technique I wanted to use. I ended up doing the card twice, same colors and layout, just different order of the colors. So, tell me which one you like! The color combo that I had to use is Gable Green, Pixie Pink, and Lavender Lace. I used black for the technique. The challenge says you can use any neutral.

The technique is called Pastel Embossing. I had never tried it before but I think I like it. It makes the image pop off the page. Here are my 2 cards. I showed my husband both of them and he picked the gable green one. After staring at them for a while, I like that one the best.

No comments: