Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I'm not a pink person.

Plain and simple. Not. a. pink. person. Or a turquoise person. I'm talking about not wearing these colors. Ever. I think I used to wear them but not so much. Anyway, that not wearing those colors thing, of course, has bled over into the world of stamping. And well, Jenn, my fabulous upline, is a Turquoise (and pink) person. So, through her own way, she has opened my eyes to the possibility that these colors won't actually bite me. I still proclaim that I'm a purple, green, blue person. (Translate as Amethyst (or Tanzanite), Emerald, and Sapphire!!!)

So, back to stamping. It's my friend, Michelle, birthday today. And by now, you all know that when I stamp, I stamp a bunch of things at once and keep a stash going. If I didn't, I would never have a card to send because I can never just sit down 5 minutes before going somewhere and make a card. I know people that do this. Or then there are those people that plan ahead and make the ONE unique card for someone days in advance of needing it. I'm not one of those people. But Michelle has been stamping with me from the very beginning. And although she hasn't been stamping much lately (because she has a sweet infant at home), she still needed to get a card that wasn't part of the stash (she probably has the same stash at her house!).

Now, Michelle, she is a PINK person. And she wears it well. And many of her cards are some form of the pink family (hey, she likes Turquoise too... I'm beginning to see a pattern here). Michelle likes SPARKLE! So, what better stamp set than Totally Cool. I put dazzling diamonds glitter everywhere and added a little bling to the sparkle-y purse. The card is Pink Passion with a layer of Basic Black. The black is dry embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

Anyway, Michelle, Happy Birthday. May it sparkle as much as you do.

No comments: