Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Is it cheating?

It is cheating if you buy some cards that were already made and then use them as your jumping off point to stamp? I dunno. But I do know that in the middle of cleaning my stamp room (remember that I'm STILL organizing my room - you know it doesn't go very fast in 10 minute increments!)... speaking of 10 min. increments....

ASIDE - My baby took his first steps today! OMG! OMG!

Okay, sorry, back to cheating. Right. I found 3 packages of cards/notecards from Target that I remember buying. And I know it was before I became a demonstrator ... so, maybe 2.5 or 3 YEARS ago. Hello. And they call people that drink too much, alcoholics. I am a packrataholic. :(

Well, I immediately ditched my 10 min. organization efforts and started stamping these babies. I've done 2 of the 3 sets and I'm pretty happy with the results. The 3rd will be some other day.

The left picture is the before of the first set. It is 10 blank cards with colored envelopes. The paper is textured. But that didn't stop me. The right picture is the after. I made BIRTHDAY cards for my stash. I'm very low... remember? Anyway, I finally inked up my bellas. The background is the polka dot background from Cornish Farms. The links are on the right side.

The next set is a set of 12 postcard style notecards (i.e. they don't open). And guess what... they're purple. Go figure. I was stumped on these. I knew I wanted to put "just a note" on there (white embossed) but that wasn't enough. They I looked for some small flower thing... and the SU! hostess set, Reason to Smile has this flower border stamp. Perfect! I embossed both so that they would pop. The white craft alone looked dull.

Viola! Using up my stuff... yay, yay, yay!

Stamp room pictures coming soon.... very soon... maybe a couple of days....

1 comment:

Jennifer Aviles said...

Nope, you're not a cheater! LOL! I have the *SAME* cards on top in my stash! The bottom ones are my favorite, though! Beautiful! And OMG on the baby walking. Time flies, doesn't it? ENJOY IT!