Tuesday, January 8, 2008

One of those Duh moments.

So, I thought I came up with a cute, simple, idea for my thank cards from Christmas. Hmm, well, design is 90% but EXECUTION is still a GOOD SOLID 10%. And on my little test to see if the stamp fit the punch, it DID. Not so much when the assembly line was in full motion. But about 3 cards into it, I had my "duh" moment. And um, well, made the punch fit the stamp. Now, seriously, what has happened to my brain. I seem to be doing duh things like this a lot more after the ant bit incident. Hmm. I still stand on the idea that some needed brain cells got lost that night. Hmm.

Well, on to my card. I'm so proud of myself... I actually used some of my stuff I hadn't yet... Copics, Spicas (ok, so I've used these for a few days now but still), Nestabilities (hard to see in the picture but the black square has an embossed square on it), and the Cuttlebug snowflake folder (bought this Christmas 2006 - HAD to have it!).

I do like this color combo... as in, I liked it so much for my Christmas Cards that I thought it was appropriate to use for this type of card. :)

All images by A Muse Artstamps and Elzybells NA Card stock by Stampin' Up! Ink: Versafine Black Accessories: SU! Word Window punch, Copics, Square Nestabilities, Spicas, Sakura Stardust Pen, Dimensionals, Cuttlebug, Snowflakes embossing folder

Isn't that penguin SO cute? I just love him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute Geeta! Love the blue color and the little penguin!

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you got to play with some of your goodies you haven't played with yet!! Sounds like fun!! It's fun to discover things you have almost forgotten you have or have put off to the side to use "soon". Your card is so adorable!!