Monday, December 17, 2007

Personalized Mass Production?

Isn't that an oxymoron? Speaking of moron....

Ah, the holiday season. Busy, busy, busy. We all know it's coming and yet we're still doing stuff at the last minute.

I decided to make all of the teachers something. Teachers = current elementary, preschool and past preschool) - since I'll like them a lot and we'll be there for a while!) And teachers include music, art, p.e., office people at the school, librarian, bus driver, etc. Then I decided to include my DH's work people. Then I thought I'd make some of my friends something. Oh my. My list became 48 people long. And I decided to make handmade cards for everyone. So, 48 people and 8 cards each. Yeah, you do the math. And envelopes too. Couldn't give a naked envelope as a gift, now could I?

Well, I finished them all last night. WOHOO! Mailed off some today. Gave out almost all the teachers today (even though school ends on Wed and Thursday). Gave DH his to take to work. I want this stuff OFF my list. YAY!

It didn't take that long to do them - I've mastered the art of assembly line stamping a while ago. I can crank out lots of the same design. I have a problem with the "single" design concept though. Maybe I'm just too lazy. Yeah, that's definitely true.

Anyway, I'm glad to have them done and now I can start on my Christmas cards! Seriously.

Stamps: SU! So Swirly Wheel, Paper Trey Monogram Set and Circles & Borders
Ink: Palette Noir

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy...haha...WOW, Geeta. I am impressed. Those cards are beautiful...I'm sure everyone will appreciate them. Good Job! *Pats on the back*