Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas!

So, did you think I got buried alive under all the Christmas presents? Seems like it. Actually, we did the entire Christmas thing with Santa and everything here VERY EARLY CHRISTMAS morning - my five year old couldn't stand it and woke up at 4:45 AM. "Mommy, I *JUST* can't sleep anymore. I can't". It was very cute even for 4:45 AM. I so remember that feeling. I was just like that. Anyway, I did make him go lay in the bed for another 45 mins. until his brother woke up at 5:30AM. We have a tradition in our family (both of our families do this)... we must eat breakfast before we can open presents. So, as you know, I don't like to cook and so at 5:30 in the MORNING, I'm cooking. And by 6:45 AM we had all the presents opened and ready for playing with! Then 2 hours later we were on the road to the inlaws house at the lake!

My DH was really nice to me and got me the camera I've been researching and wanting for a while now. I used to be a novice photographer (HA!) before having kids. I have a great Nikon 35mm and some wonderful lenses with it. I didn't really want to chunk those out the window. So, I found a digital SLR that would work with my old lenses. I ended up getting a semi-professional one (rather than a consumer one) because I wanted my old lenses to work with all of the new electronics (in the consumer version the auto focus and such things wouldn't work with the old lenses). Anyway, here's what my new camera looks like. I've been taking pictures left and right but haven't uploaded anything yet! So, stay tuned... maybe I'll upload something soon!

Anyway, I've been MIA on a little mini vacation down at my inlaws house with 17 of us under one roof for multiple days. It's been really fun! I love my inlaws. There's always so much laughter. And the boys just love seeing their cousins! All 8 were together - what fun!

No comments: