Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Believe...

The other day my 5 year old said to me that some people don't believe in Santa. I'm so not ready for these discussions... and this one was a "tame" one. One day when he was 2, he said (while we were driving somewhere, I might add!), "I bet your sad that your dad never got to meet me". I nearly drove off the road as my eyes swelled up... then you know what the next question was, right? Where is he now? ... Uh, remember he was TWO. So, anyway, back to Santa.... I turned it on him (a clever trick I've learned, I might add ;)). "Son, what do you think?" He said "I don't know". So, I said "do you believe in God?" He said yes. I then talked about he hadn't met God but he believed he existed, etc. etc. Then he asked me if I believe in Santa. Now as a parent you don't want to lie to your children so I didn't. I told him I do believe in Santa. Because I really do. No, not necessarily the red-suited, white-bearded, jolly old fellow that makes his rounds on Christmas Eve but in the Spirit of Santa. The spirit of doing good things for each other - being nice rather than naughty, spreading goodwill, etc. Ho, Ho, Ho and all that.

A few weeks ago, I made this bottle. Yes, it's out of a Starbucks Frappaccino bottle. I drink way to many of them. But for this purpose, that is a good thing ;).

Images by A Muse
Paper by A Muse
Ribbon by May Arts

So, the bell still rings for me. (maybe that's just a noise in my head though.... )

Oh, I forgot to mention those buttons (they are black and hard to see in the picture) are Black Fun Flock on Glue Dots. Clever, eh? I wanted something different than the little fuzz balls that you get at the craft store!

7 comments:

freshaircrafting said...

What a good story! Those bottles are adorable! I love them!

Karen said...

Brilliant idea.........the fun flocked glue dots!!!!! I see many posibilities! Cute frap bottles!

scoopy (Emily) said...

Very cute Geeta - they turned out great! Love the glue dots/fun flock trick! Good job turning the Santa question back to your son. I was thinking about that just the other day - what to say when my son asks.

Anonymous said...

Geeta - so sweet! I just altered a couple of these frap bottles myself...Will have to case you for the next couple!!

Novell said...

Fun flock on glue dots...now that's crafty! What a nifty trick!

Suzette said...

Geeta! That's brilliant...your brilliant!!! Thank you. I have been wondering what to do for teachers. Dang...I knew I should have saved those bottles. Guess I better get to drinking more this weekend...haha. Oh...hehe...you don't mind me coping your great idea do ya????

Unknown said...

This just a brilliant idea. I really LOVE what you did!!

Have a great day!
Jessica Lynn