Friday, February 2, 2007

Out of my comfort zone...


Today, I made 3 cards for this challenge on SCS. The challenges provide a sketch/layout to follow and color combinations to use.The first one used a color combo. that is not in my comfort zone. Jenn, my up line, loves these colors and always tries to get me to use them. I like the end result. I used the Totally Cool stamp set and the words are from Small Sayings from the Winter Mini. I used heat & stick powder and dazzling diamonds glitter. The colors are Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal and Whisper White. Do you like it?

The 2nd and 3rd cards are very similar. Exactly similar, in fact. I only changed the stamp sets. I figure if I have to cut the card stock in half anyway for one card, then I may as well make 2 (another one from the other half!). Actually, this is so unlike me because I typically make at least 10 cards (5 sheets of CS). I mean really, what's the point in just cutting one when it's as easy to cut multiple. That way I have a STASH!

So, anyway, the 2nd and 3rd cards had a different layout and uses Elegant Eggplant (okay, so that is my favorite color and very much in my comfort zone!), Old Olive, and Naturals Ivory. I did both as sympathy cards and used Heartfelt Thanks on one and Spring Garden on the other.
Which do you like?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heartfelt thanks, hands down! and you're so smart, stamping 10 cards at a time. I get tired of duplication!!! Love 'em, Geeta!