Friday, February 9, 2007

Hostess club tonight


Tonight is my monthly hostess club group. Great group of ladies. We always laugh a bunch at these. Anyway, since it's in less than 2 hours from now, I figure I'll post what we're doing tonight. Maybe it will ruin the surprise but maybe those girls won't log on here right now ;).

The first card is called a floating card. I really like these cards. They are so different that the normal ones. Basically, the base of the card is acetate. That's my wood table you see through the card. This card uses Mixed Bouquet and you guessed it... Small Sayings. I love that set!

Okay, well now it's after stamp club so I guess the surprise is not ruined... ha!

The second card shows the technique of using Heat and Stick powder. See previous posts for my many creations using H&S. But tonight's card was a complete CASE from mytime on SCS (mytime's card). My card uses Loving Hearts, Love Matters, and So Very SAB set.

The last card shows how to color those cute chipboard flowers (any chipboard really) that SU! has. They sure do add a dimension to the card. SU! has them in 2 varieties - lowercase alpha and shapes. This flower is from the shapes set. It also uses the rose red stitched ribbon from those ribbon originals and also the twill ribbon. Lots of textures going on here....

Well, that's it for tonight's class. I really need to work on Valentine's Day stuff tomorrow! Really... Seriously...

No comments: