Monday, February 12, 2007

Scallop Punches

So, I've had a bunch of questions about where I got that scallop circle punch that I used on a previous card. Here's the skinny...
  • No, it's not SU!
  • It's called Marvy Giga (the largest size they have) Scalloped Circle Punch (aka clever lever, I think)
  • Found it online at Joanns.com and some other places
  • HOWEVER, currently everywhere is sold out and has been since right after Christmas thanks to Splitcoast. One of the great designers on Splitcoast starting using her punch and all of a sudden there was a mass run on Scalloped Punches (all shapes - circle, oval, square) in all sizes (Giga, Mega, etc.)
  • The manufacturer is currently working on making more.
  • I ordered the circle and oval BEFORE Christmas and I'm still waiting for the Oval. :(
  • Rumor has it that Marvy was going to discontinue these but then Splitcoast got a hold of them.... and well, here we are.
  • I have seen the scalloped square at Michael's but it's their (Marvy's) old style.
  • The regular price for the Giga (2 3/4" to 3") is about $20. Joann's.com usually has some sort of coupon.
That's the skinny... Good luck in your quest for one or two, or more. :) Oh, by the way, they are HUGE and take up a lot of storage space. One more thing... they are heavy too, especially if you drop them on your toe :(

No comments: