Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stampin' Up Hostess Club


For February's Hostess Clubs (yes, February!), I showed 3 techniques. We did 3 cards and 3 technique cards for our technique books. My technique book is getting pretty full... I've been teaching the technique clubs for almost 3 years and we do 3 each month. Here's a picture of what my book looks like ... I've shown this before but some of you might have missed it...

Anyway, for February, we did the 3 techniques. One of them was totally inspired by my A Muse co-moderator, co-instructor, and generally very talented friend, Jennie Moczan. For our first VMAA back in February, she did a card (for my challenge, in fact!) that had "Faux Suede" on it. So, I had to learn and then teach this technique. Of course, I wanted to use the A Muse recliner but instead had to find something that would work with SU! stamps. I picked the Wild About You set and decided that an elephant could be suede-y. Aren't elephants more leather-y than suede-y? Well, for a baby card, they are suede-y. You heard it here first! :) Can you see the texture on the elephant?


The next technique we did was Stained Glass. I have wanted to teach this technique for a long time... ever since the hostess set On Angels Wings was around. And then I waited patiently for the "right" stamp set to come out to get the maximum effect for this beautiful technique. Yeah, well, I didn't find exactly what I was looking for but I did like the results. We used the current Level 1 Hostess Set In the Garden. It's a beautiful flower. Love the size of it, too.



Finally, for the third card, we did the stipple technique with stipple brushes. I completely CASED this card from Leeann Greff, or flowerbugnd1 on SCS. Thanks Leeann! I really liked her card using the Voila set.

Three more to add to the book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Golly, Geeta! These samples are fabulous! I"ve never tried the Stained Glass ... but I just might "have" to try it now! And that suede-y elephant in Basic Gray! Perfect, darlin'! (Is 'suede-y' a "new" word?!) *wink*

~Bev