Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy 40th Birthday Dear DH!

Today is my DH's 40th birthday. Happy, happy birthday!

I've struggled with making him a card all week. Sometimes I get bogged down with the it "has to be perfect" card and I end up making nothing. This is one of those times. I just can't figure out what I want to make besides the "happy 40th" type of card. I think I'm thinking TOO HARD.

So, in lieu of a birthday card, I'd like to share a card I made BECAUSE of my husband rather than for him. I suppose I can give it to him, too.

My DH is an awesome singer and guitar player. It's just a hobby of his but anytime he does it, it brings tears to my eyes. So, the other day as I was CONTINUING in my efforts to reorganize, I saw one of my FAVORITE A Muse sentiments... love the font, the style, and of course the wording. You know it was one of my first purchases during the A-Muse-a-palooza contest last summer... you remember AMAP, right? Where one lucky person got FREE A MUSE STAMPS FOR A YEAR!!! OH MY... I WISH! Anyway, this stamp is an oldie but definitely a "GREATIE"... (yeah, I know that's not a word, as jen pebbles says "thankyouverymuch").

Back to the card... listening to my DH play his guitar and sing and make beautiful music is one of my life's simple pleasures.

Dear Husband.... happy birthday, rock on and thank you for bringing music into my musically-challenged life.

All images and note cards by A Muse. Colored with Copics. Guitar is covered with Sakura Glaze Pen.

3 comments:

Tisha said...

Great card ... great stamps ... Happy Birthday to Mr. Geeta!! I hope you guys have a great day!!

Elena said...

Enjoy celebrating with your simple pleasure (nudge, nudge, wink wink)!

Michelle Clark said...

And Elena talks about me being scandalous?!?! Hope you guys had a great night out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY G's DH!!!