Thursday, March 29, 2007

4 generations!

Okay, so are you completely tired of me talking about this shower? I'm sure you are. The shower was today. And it was FABULOUS. She got so much stuff. Most of the class pitched in for a group gift (which I ended getting a gift card to Babies R Us). She wanted a pack-n-play for her house but one of the moms gave her a gently used one, which she was happy to receive. I gave her a glider rocking chair and ottoman last week. I had 2 and I am done with one of them. That way she can rock her sweet granddaughter. Anyway, the kids were SO funny about the shower. They had a blast! Many of the families got individual gifts as well as contributing to the group gift so it was extra special! Anyway, one of the moms told the kids (16 4 and 5 year olds!) that at adult baby showers, it is customary to OOH and AAH after every gift is open. Boy, do they catch on quickly! HA!

So, I have two more presents to share with you that I made. Yes, I know, I went CRAZY for this shower. BUT it is SO much fun! One is a wall hanging that celebrates the four generations of ladies in this family. It is made out of chipboard coasters and uses the Paisley Designer Paper from the SU! Spring Mini. Fabulous colors! The sayings under each picture spot are "me", "me and my mom", "me and my grandma", "me and my great grandma". I did the writing on the vellum on the computer and printed it out. I tied all four coasters together with grosgrain ribbon. And used the pewter hodgepodge kit to put hangers at the top.

Well, I couldn't very well leave out the men, could I? I made a picture frame to sit on a desk or table for the pictures with dad and grandpa. I used the same paper but the more manly, stripes. These coasters are put together using little hinges I got from Starlitstudio's ebay store. She is the greatest, btw. She's a Splitcoast regular and I'd like to call her a friend! Okay, well, the camera is in the car. I'll upload the picture tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More ideas for me to do for Wendy! Keep it up! I like this one. Might have to do one for Zion too! This is such a neat idea and will be a wonderful keepsake.