Wednesday, August 15, 2007

June Bumper Card

Yes, I did say June. I'm a bit behind on making my bumper cards for my group. Bumper cards for my customers/friends is going strong. Every month they sign up and then send 1 card to someone on the list I provide them. However, from the start (in January), I decided I would try very hard to send everyone on the list a card each month so that they would get at least one card just in case someone couldn't get theirs out in time. Um, well, with my husband's sabbatical and all the other stuff I've been up to this summer, I didn't follow through very well. BUT I am determined to catch up. Bumper cards started out with 11 people (not including me... I'm not part of the list). And now it's 20 strong. So, I'm making 20 cards each month. And I'm good at the assembly line thing. I seem to be much better at that then designing one card at a time (you know the ones with a lot of detail to them). Anyway, by now, the June group should have received my "JUNE" bumper card in the mail. Here it is. It was my first "real" attempt at sewing on a card. AND I'm stupid... I sewed through both the white layer and the pomegranate. Why is that stupid, you ask? Well, 'cause I had to tie of all the ends ... THAT IS 40 ends, people! Reminded me of the things I hate about sewing and it was a hard lesson to learn. So those 20 cards have been sitting on my desk staring at me for a month just because I didn't want to finisht the tying off part. Anyway, I hope you like it. I had that design in my head for a while now!

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Brocade Motifs
Ink: SU! Purely Pomegranate
CS: SU! Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Sewing

No comments: