Thursday, January 25, 2007

Joining the BLOG revolution!

It's time for me to join the BLOG revolution. I'm going to try it out and see if I can keep up with it! Why am I doing this, you ask? For several reasons actually.... the main one is that I want a place to share my work and keep a log of what I'm doing. That last part is purely for MY memory alone. It doesn't seem as sharp as it once did. I blame that on motherhood... :) But hopefully my memory loss will be helpful to you because you can see what I'm up to.

So, let's start with what I've been doing tonight...


I have a workshop tomorrow night. I had talked to the hostess (Hi Andrea!) a month ago about party favors for her daughter's upcoming birthday party. Well, she wanted some kind of purse idea. So, naturally, I searched my favorite website... www.splitcoaststampers.com. The gallery there is AWESOME. I found something called a purse bag. My intention was to find something she can do in a hurry, make lots of, and not feel bad when it gets trashed by a bunch of six year olds. I wanted to make something cute but not invest too much time or materials. Here's what I came up with... I don't have many girlie stamps (until my order comes in tomorrow!) but I do have Pretty Princess, which is what I used here. It was very simple to make... the paper bag is just a white lunch sack with the top part cut off. My dimensions on the bag, after I cut it, are 3.5" x 3.5". I used Dazzling Diamonds on the wand tip for a little extra. And the black CS actually velcros to the bottom there.

Okay, the second thing I did tonight is make some Pregnancy congratulations cards. I have seen some fun ones on SCS (splitcoast) and wanted to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) so I did. I believe it was AmyR that had the original idea. The pregnant lady stamp is a $1 stamp from Michael's. The Big News is from Think Big from the Holiday mini. I didn't think I was going to like those multi-word, large stamps (like Think Big and now the SAB set So Very) but I do like them. Very fun! I had to pull out the stamp-a-ma-jig to get this one to work. I realized that I'm quite the lazy stamper... I tried MANY things before actually getting it out. WHY? I don't know. It's so easy to use... just lazy... sad, really... Anyway, I have a few friends that have become pregnant very recently so I thought I'd send them a card!

Remember my stamping New Year's Resolutions? One of them was to actual send the cards I make. So far so good! The other was to try to make one card a day. Well, in reality (I knew this going in) I don't stamp everyday but I also never make just ONE card at a time. So, when I do sit down to make cards, I usually make 10 (5 sheets of CS). That way I'll always have one in a pinch. And I seem to be in a pinch much more than I think is healthy!

Well, that's it for this first post. I think I might like this blogging thing. I hope you enjoy reading my adventures. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting, Geeta! I love how I feel like I'm right there with you as you describe things (and that, my friend, would be a miracle!). Can't wait to read more!