Thursday, November 15, 2007

November Technique Club

Do you know how I know it's the holiday season? I had my last SU! class for this year the other day. My schedule as with yours just gets so busy around now. That I take a break and so do many of you! Now, is the time to STAMP - stamp holiday cards, invitations, gifts, etc.

This month, all of my clubs made the same cards again. We did the standard 3 cards and 3 techniques. I taught 3 simple techniques this month in hopes that some of it could be recreated during the mass production of holiday cards!

Technique One - Square Knots!
Some call them reef knots or flat knots. I use them ALL the time. In fact, all three cards this month use them.

Card stock, Ink and Images: all Stampin' Up!
Accessories: SU! Real Red Narrow Grosgrain ribbon




Technique Two - Faux Frame
Aren't those snowmen fun? one of my favs of the season...

Card stock, Ink and Images: all Stampin' Up!
Accessories: SU! Elastic Silver Cord, Sponge, Template, White Signo Gel Pen



Technique Three - Scallop Frame
Okay, so it's hard to tell in this picture but the white "joy" is not layered on top of the black scallop circle. In fact the black scallop circle is not a circle but a frame! I wanted to show something simple that most people forget to do... how to make a frame out of a scallop circle punch and a circle punch!

Card stock, Ink and Images: all Stampin' Up!
Accessories: SU! Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Purely Pomegranate stitched ribbon, white embossing powder, heat gun

To all of my hostess club ladies, thanks for a great year and see you in January! Happy Holidays - now go use some of those techniques!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

That's are great Christmas cards! Fun techniques! What a cool class!!