Friday, February 8, 2008

A Muse Mini Treat Boxes

Do you get the weekly e-newsletter from A Muse? Well, you should! Here is how you sign up.

This week's newsletter has the templates for creating some really FAST and cute boxes. And I had to try them out! I keep making them because they are so fast.

This was my first attempt. I have a scor-pal and literally took 5 minutes to make this box and put it together. The hardest part was getting that crinkly paper to stay in! LOL.

Images and cardstock by A Muse Accessories include Marvy Giga and Mega Scalloped Oval, Sakura Clear Glaze Pen, A Muse Ribbon, Copic Markers

Next up, I wanted to make a clear-ish box. So I took the template and made it 2 and 1/2 times. The top and bottom are the same as the previous box (i.e. followed the template). The 1/2 part is the acetate in the middle. I followed the box template for one direction and did not do any cutting.

Images and cardstock by A Muse, acetate from Office Depot
Accessories include Martha Steward Heart Punch, Marvy Super Jumbo Sc
alloped Circle, May Arts Ribbon, Colorbox Lipstick Red

So, the next box I had to make I had to use
A Muse square notecards. So, I adapted Linda's original template for the 4-bar notecards to work on the square ones. We did this box at my Hugs and Kisses class at Stamp Salado a few weeks back. It's the same box, just different dimensions!

And finally, Rhonda has the coolest Step it UP! challenge over at ou
r new website, www.amuseaddicts.com. The Step it Up! challenge is a bit more involved than any of our others and the time to do them is longer. Our first Step it up challenge is to make some 3x3 cards AND a alter a holder for them or make one, etc. Well, I NEED four teacher valentine's day gifts! And Michelle Clark (who is a kindergarten teacher) told me "Don't give a teacher candy for Valentine's Day!". You know, I've read that on Splitcoast, as well. I guess teachers must get LOTS of chocolate - WHY is that a bad thing? So, note cards it is! AND I get to do Rhonda's challenge! WOHOO!

Each box has 8 3x3 cards and envelop
es in it. I needed to make 4...
I decided to do 8 different designs from get well, to friendship cards and even birthday cards.
This size is so convenient as a gift enclosure card!

Images and cardstock by A Muse
Accessories include Mar
vy punces, May Arts Ribbon, Copics, Brads, SU! ribbon

Do you see the brads? They are the ones that look like buttons. For the brown box, I didn't have brown buttons so I colored the white ones with my Burnt Umber Copic marker! Voila!

Hope you'll try out the new templates and maybe even play along on Rhonda's challenge!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you go! The Scor-pal really does make quick work of the boxes, doesn't it?!

Rhonda said...

WHOA Geeta!! You've been workin your little booty off!!! These are all SOOO cute!! I wanna make some now!! Looks like I know what I'll be doing for teacher gifts now!! Thanks!! :D